Page 1 of 2

Summerland 2014 Reviews / Setlists / Discussion

Posted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:10 am
by yourstupidgame
Setlist from night one according to setlist.fm:

Santa Monica (acoustic sing along)
El Distorto
Heroin Girl
Father of Mine
The Man Who Broke His Own Heart
Wonderful
Everything to Everyone
I Will Buy You a New Life
Santa Monica
Classic Rock Medley (encore)

Alex

Re: Summerland 2014 Reviews / Setlists / Discussion

Posted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:15 am
by Lee Harvey Oswald
El Distorto! One of my fav's, I'm glad to hear they are playing it live again

Can't wait to hear the "The Man Who Broke His Own Heart" live full band rock version, don't fail me now youtube!

Re: Summerland 2014 Reviews / Setlists / Discussion

Posted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 6:01 pm
by clifornia_king
Interesting they are doing SM twice - I think this was done back in 98. Art would play it acoustic, then the band would go into SMFTA. I like El Distorto in there. Love the fact we are getting a new song! Would like to see maybe one additional fan favorite, like Strawberry, something like that. Looks like AM radio is apthe only dropped single from past Summerland sets? Can't wait to see the show!

Re: Summerland 2014 Reviews / Setlists / Discussion

Posted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 7:10 pm
by Lee Harvey Oswald

Re: Summerland 2014 Reviews / Setlists / Discussion

Posted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:08 pm
by Frasbul
the classic rock medley seems like a weird way to end a show.

I missed el distorto

edit: also it seems like the st pete show tonight was cancelled due to bad weather.

Re: Summerland 2014 Reviews / Setlists / Discussion

Posted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:30 am
by clifornia_king
Frasbul wrote:the classic rock medley seems like a weird way to end a show.

I missed el distorto

edit: also it seems like the st pete show tonight was cancelled due to bad weather.
I like the idea of a cover for the last song - like the old days a little (Sin City, etc) but, would love to hear them finish one completely with vocals. Cool Josh came out to sing and it wasn't just two bars of each song this time. Like play the whole song Rock n Roll. Cool change up none the less

Re: Summerland 2014 Reviews / Setlists / Discussion

Posted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:44 pm
by Copper
How are there no videos of the new song? Why even bother to film them playing Father of Mine? There's a billion vids of them playing the hits on youtube.

Re: Summerland 2014 Reviews / Setlists / Discussion

Posted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:26 pm
by Lee Harvey Oswald
Copper wrote:How are there no videos of the new song? Why even bother to film them playing Father of Mine? There's a billion vids of them playing the hits on youtube.
I was thinking the same thing, I was watching his youtube channel as he uploaded every single song from the set, except "Almost Instant Karma"/"The man who broke his own heart", what a let down.

Re: Summerland 2014 Reviews / Setlists / Discussion

Posted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 5:08 am
by Lee Harvey Oswald

Re: Summerland 2014 Reviews / Setlists / Discussion

Posted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:52 am
by ndfan1993
Lee Harvey Oswald wrote:
Copper wrote:How are there no videos of the new song? Why even bother to film them playing Father of Mine? There's a billion vids of them playing the hits on youtube.
I was thinking the same thing, I was watching his youtube channel as he uploaded every single song from the set, except "Almost Instant Karma"/"The man who broke his own heart", what a let down.
Because it is the one song that no one knows...

Re: Summerland 2014 Reviews / Setlists / Discussion

Posted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:42 pm
by Copper
Which is really telling about how few hardcore fans are left. They're a nostalgia act now so maybe like one in a hundred people at these shows would be excited about the new song.

I just wanna hear the new song. :(

Re: Summerland 2014 Reviews / Setlists / Discussion

Posted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 6:00 pm
by yourstupidgame
I don't think a fan has to be a hardcore fan to enjoy a new song. I saw Third Eye Blind last month and I'm not a huge fan. I have their first two albums like a lot of people and never heard anything after 2001 or so. But 3EB were excited about their new songs on their upcoming album that doesn't even have a release date. They played THREE new songs in a 90 minute set and the crowd really liked them. So if Art and Everclear are excited about it, I think the crowd would be excited about new songs as well, as long as they are good songs.

Alex

Re: Summerland 2014 Reviews / Setlists / Discussion

Posted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 7:21 pm
by clifornia_king
yourstupidgame wrote:I don't think a fan has to be a hardcore fan to enjoy a new song. I saw Third Eye Blind last month and I'm not a huge fan. I have their first two albums like a lot of people and never heard anything after 2001 or so. But 3EB were excited about their new songs on their upcoming album that doesn't even have a release date. They played THREE new songs in a 90 minute set and the crowd really liked them. So if Art and Everclear are excited about it, I think the crowd would be excited about new songs as well, as long as they are good songs.

Alex
Agree with this! I really hope they put some excitement and their own support into this album.

Re: Summerland 2014 Reviews / Setlists / Discussion

Posted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:39 pm
by Frasbul
Hopefully somebody records the Vegas show tonight.. I want to listen to the song already...

Re: Summerland 2014 Reviews / Setlists / Discussion

Posted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 11:01 pm
by Rock
Bought my VIP gold tix to fulfill a longtime goal of mine....to finally see Everclear perform in Portland Oregon. So excited to see this whole show great line up of 90's bands.