The Man Who Broke His Own Heart lyric video

Anything and everything Everclear.

Post Reply
User avatar
ekeown
Site Admin
Posts: 2000
Joined: Thu Oct 09, 2003 12:39 am
Location: Tejas
Contact:

The Man Who Broke His Own Heart lyric video

Post by ekeown » Fri Jan 30, 2015 2:57 pm

Eric
Hungry & Hollow
http://www.hungryandhollow.com

yourstupidgame
Posts: 351
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2003 7:11 pm
Location: Texas
Contact:

Re: The Man Who Broke His Own Heart lyric video

Post by yourstupidgame » Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:56 am

Cool video. The single is available for download on iTunes and Amazon mp3.

Alex

User avatar
northwestrocker
Posts: 1476
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2003 9:08 pm
Location: Portland, OR

Re: The Man Who Broke His Own Heart lyric video

Post by northwestrocker » Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:55 pm

Good quality video, not really into lyric videos but w/e. Not sure of its value as far as promoting the new single/album, I'd rather have a cheaply done music video that puts a face to the band for casual fans to see. At least it's something!
There're people who said I used to be a dwarf. Just not true! I was a dwarf tosser for a while, but I was young, it was dark, it was raining. -Art

yourstupidgame
Posts: 351
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2003 7:11 pm
Location: Texas
Contact:

Re: The Man Who Broke His Own Heart lyric video

Post by yourstupidgame » Sat Jan 31, 2015 2:40 pm

I think the real music video is coming soon. Everclear is definitely doing what you're "supposed to do" these days. I'm pretty sure the formula is the lyric video first, then the real video.

Alex

User avatar
Copper
Posts: 1059
Joined: Fri Oct 10, 2003 4:53 pm
Location: Michigan

Re: The Man Who Broke His Own Heart lyric video

Post by Copper » Sat Jan 31, 2015 7:25 pm

Sounds like a Puddle of Mudd b-side. :( I did like the acoustic bootleg we've had for years and years. It's a decent song at it's core. Not feeling this arrangement or recording at all though. Hopefully the rest of the album is better. I feel like nu-wave-Everclear works best a little mellower, I prefer WTTDC to both IS and SMD so keep that in mind I suppose.

User avatar
worldofnoise
Posts: 1411
Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2005 10:36 pm
Location: Chicagoish
Contact:

Re: The Man Who Broke His Own Heart lyric video

Post by worldofnoise » Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:17 am

The music sounds okay, and I have been a fan of the lyrics since I heard it, but they don't really go together. I was really hoping for an acoustic version. I also hope that they come out with another music video.
"We can get lost in the fall glimmer sparkle and fade"
"dumb rock hard and good to go"

User avatar
Copper
Posts: 1059
Joined: Fri Oct 10, 2003 4:53 pm
Location: Michigan

Re: The Man Who Broke His Own Heart lyric video

Post by Copper » Sun Feb 01, 2015 4:06 pm

worldofnoise wrote:The music sounds okay, and I have been a fan of the lyrics since I heard it, but they don't really go together. I was really hoping for an acoustic version. I also hope that they come out with another music video.
Right? I really feel like the quieter stuff suits Art's shredded voice better. I want to hear a stripped down but still full band album of quiet sad songs with no autotune that let the grit in Art's voice really shine.

Right now it feels like a lot of the 90's bands that are still active are kind of in the same state that a lot of great 60's artists were in the 80's. All those sixties guys put out kind of cheesy albums with the then-fashionable gated reverb on the drums and overuses of synths in a stab at staying relevant. Very few of them are remembered fondly. Then in the 90's and past that, once they let go of any desire of having another traditional radio hit, a lot of them put out amazing late-career albums.

User avatar
sdilley14
Posts: 997
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2003 6:22 pm
Location: La Crosse, WI
Contact:

Re: The Man Who Broke His Own Heart lyric video

Post by sdilley14 » Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:36 pm

Cool video, and I love the song. Can't wait for the rest of the album.
everybody everywhere wishes they could tell, everybody everywhere to go to hell . . .

User avatar
ekeown
Site Admin
Posts: 2000
Joined: Thu Oct 09, 2003 12:39 am
Location: Tejas
Contact:

Re: The Man Who Broke His Own Heart lyric video

Post by ekeown » Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:38 pm

northwestrocker wrote:Good quality video, not really into lyric videos but w/e. Not sure of its value as far as promoting the new single/album, I'd rather have a cheaply done music video that puts a face to the band for casual fans to see. At least it's something!
When I talked to Art during his solo tour, I mentioned I loved the Be Careful What You Ask For music video, while we talked about it he said he planned on using the same director to do a music video for the new single, in addition to the lyric video.
Eric
Hungry & Hollow
http://www.hungryandhollow.com

User avatar
northwestrocker
Posts: 1476
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2003 9:08 pm
Location: Portland, OR

Re: The Man Who Broke His Own Heart lyric video

Post by northwestrocker » Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:11 pm

ekeown wrote:When I talked to Art during his solo tour, I mentioned I loved the Be Careful What You Ask For music video, while we talked about it he said he planned on using the same director to do a music video for the new single, in addition to the lyric video.
That's good news, the director did a great job with Be Careful What You Ask For, and considering it probably had a very low budget. I'd like to see how the new album is promoted, Art has seemed to embrace the new online age of the music industry in recent years.
There're people who said I used to be a dwarf. Just not true! I was a dwarf tosser for a while, but I was young, it was dark, it was raining. -Art

grantprobst
Posts: 348
Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:11 am

Re: The Man Who Broke His Own Heart lyric video

Post by grantprobst » Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:29 pm

northwestrocker wrote:Art has seemed to embrace the new online age of the music industry in recent years.
We've certainly come a long way from the EverclearOnline days. Pledge music works decent enough for getting the job done.
Been appreciating the consistent updates, as well.

User avatar
worldofnoise
Posts: 1411
Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2005 10:36 pm
Location: Chicagoish
Contact:

Re: The Man Who Broke His Own Heart lyric video

Post by worldofnoise » Fri Feb 13, 2015 9:20 am

Copper wrote:
worldofnoise wrote:The music sounds okay, and I have been a fan of the lyrics since I heard it, but they don't really go together. I was really hoping for an acoustic version. I also hope that they come out with another music video.
Right? I really feel like the quieter stuff suits Art's shredded voice better. I want to hear a stripped down but still full band album of quiet sad songs with no autotune that let the grit in Art's voice really shine.

Right now it feels like a lot of the 90's bands that are still active are kind of in the same state that a lot of great 60's artists were in the 80's. All those sixties guys put out kind of cheesy albums with the then-fashionable gated reverb on the drums and overuses of synths in a stab at staying relevant. Very few of them are remembered fondly. Then in the 90's and past that, once they let go of any desire of having another traditional radio hit, a lot of them put out amazing late-career albums.
There is still a chance to hear an acoustic version. They are keen on reworking songs either due to contractual obligations or just $$$ so maybe then. I could be wrong but hasn't Art also played two different versions of a song at concerts before. It could happen live.

Their music is slowly building up to a nice level and it seems that he could be doing this for a while if things work out.
"We can get lost in the fall glimmer sparkle and fade"
"dumb rock hard and good to go"

Post Reply