Sparkle & Fade Tour

Anything and everything Everclear.

Frasbul

Sparkle & Fade Tour

Post by Frasbul » Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:52 pm

Can't believe noone has mentioned this on here. So it seems that when they go to Australia, they'll play S&F in its entirety.
You suffer from depression, it don't mean that you're sad.

ekeown
Site Admin

Re: Sparkle & Fade Tour

Post by ekeown » Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:05 pm

I kept meaning to post it, but I never got around to it. The tour sounds awesome! It was also mentioned at they would do a few anniversary shows in the states. If they don't do a full tour, I really hope they do a special show in a location related to Sparkle & Fade like Santa Monica, Summerland, or Nehalem.
Eric
Hungry & Hollow
http://www.hungryandhollow.com

ndfan1993

Post by ndfan1993 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:36 am

I hope that someone records this show, would love to hear them play the entire record through.

yourstupidgame

Post by yourstupidgame » Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:45 am

Yep - that's really cool! I didn't believe it when I saw some Australian newspaper saying they'd play the whole album. I thought it was a misunderstanding or something, but then Everclear said it too. It would be even better if they recorded it professionally and put it out themselves. Maybe a download only release through their website and iTunes.

Alex

SlowMotionTimmah

Post by SlowMotionTimmah » Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:28 am

I wish one of those shows would get shot for a blu ray.
"I think in all my songs, even though they seem depressing and dark, there's always a light at the end of the tunnel. It might be a long ass tunnel, but there's a definitely a light." - Art Alexakis

ddn12

Post by ddn12 » Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:02 pm

I really hope they bring this to the States. Some of those songs rarely (if ever?) get played, especially now.

northwestrocker

Post by northwestrocker » Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:32 pm

My Sexual Life!!!!
There're people who said I used to be a dwarf. Just not true! I was a dwarf tosser for a while, but I was young, it was dark, it was raining. -Art

Copper

Post by Copper » Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:51 pm

yourstupidgame wrote:It would be even better if they recorded it professionally and put it out themselves.
I don't know, I don't think Everclear would ever want to put out new recordings of old songs.

HappyAndNumb

Post by HappyAndNumb » Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:47 pm

They just announced a show in Kansas City at The Riot Room on April 16th. It's a tiny venue but it's one of their first venues they toured in the 90s.

worldofnoise

Post by worldofnoise » Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:34 am

Copper wrote:
yourstupidgame wrote:It would be even better if they recorded it professionally and put it out themselves.
I don't know, I don't think Everclear would ever want to put out new recordings of old songs.
Ha ha ha.

Some of their rerecordings were/are good, though.
"We can get lost in the fall glimmer sparkle and fade"
"dumb rock hard and good to go"

clifornia_king

Post by clifornia_king » Sat Mar 14, 2015 10:21 am

I wonder how all the songs will sound tuned a full step down? Kind of wish they would just play standard tuning and let art sing as he is. Music would sound the same - Singing is what it is at this point, which I am fine with - it is 20 years later after all.
"My girlfriend is like magic in my hands, when I lose my sparkle she's the only one that understands"

"This is where I want to be Now"

Copper

Post by Copper » Sat Mar 14, 2015 11:21 pm

clifornia_king wrote:I wonder how all the songs will sound tuned a full step down? Kind of wish they would just play standard tuning and let art sing as he is. Music would sound the same - Singing is what it is at this point, which I am fine with - it is 20 years later after all.
It's almost a certainty it'll all be a step down. The average concert goer shouldn't notice the difference unless they have perfect pitch or something though.

clifornia_king

Post by clifornia_king » Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:14 am

Copper wrote:
clifornia_king wrote:I wonder how all the songs will sound tuned a full step down? Kind of wish they would just play standard tuning and let art sing as he is. Music would sound the same - Singing is what it is at this point, which I am fine with - it is 20 years later after all.
It's almost a certainty it'll all be a step down. The average concert goer shouldn't notice the difference unless they have perfect pitch or something though.
I agree, but I think there is something to be said for the tuning and sound - difference between a lot of heavy rock vs pop/rock, etc (in general)
"My girlfriend is like magic in my hands, when I lose my sparkle she's the only one that understands"

"This is where I want to be Now"