Sparkle And Fade Tour!!!

Anything and everything Everclear.

PureWhiteEvil

Sparkle And Fade Tour!!!

Post by PureWhiteEvil » Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:06 am

Just saw, yesterday, that Everclear is touring the US for the Sparkle & Fade anniversary starting in October! I'll be getting my tickets to the NYC show at BB King's! Was gonna finagle an Amtrak ride down to Baltimore, as that was the closest show to me in the original list of dates. But, then I saw that they're playing NYC! Anyone else going and want to meet up? BB King's is a nice venue. Food/drink are a little pricey, but nice venue, definitely. I'm also curious if anyone will be opening for them.

Personally, I'm looking forward to all of the songs after Heartspark Dollarsign. I feel like they've all been underplayed since the album came out, but especially as of late. I don't think I've ever heard "Queen of the Air" live, in-person. Maybe on a bootleg.

Anyway, looking forward to it.
"Tell me, do you feel it, too?
The way I feel when I am blue?
Do you feel it? 'Cause I can feel it still
You cut me into pieces
Said, you cut me into pieces
And now I wished I'd never let you in!"
~ Brad! The Musical

yourstupidgame

Re: Sparkle And Fade Tour!!!

Post by yourstupidgame » Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:42 am

Yeah. No Texas dates! It seems like they've really been good about getting here often, especially for Summerland this year. So it's not like they never come, but man, this would be the one to go to! I don't think I'd be able to travel to any of the other shows either. But at least I'm hoping we'll get some recordings this time!! Somebody's gonna tape this or YouTube it, right?

Alex

ndfan1993

Post by ndfan1993 » Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:53 pm

I plan on going to the Indy show and would love to tape it.

ekeown
Site Admin

Post by ekeown » Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:54 pm

yourstupidgame wrote:Yeah. No Texas dates! It seems like they've really been good about getting here often, especially for Summerland this year. So it's not like they never come, but man, this would be the one to go to! I don't think I'd be able to travel to any of the other shows either. But at least I'm hoping we'll get some recordings this time!! Somebody's gonna tape this or YouTube it, right?

Alex
Alex, I'm in the same boat as you. We may have to plan a crazy road trip as a last ditch effort.
Eric
Hungry & Hollow
http://www.hungryandhollow.com

clifornia_king

Post by clifornia_king » Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:15 pm

So glad they are doing this and doing a pretty decent amount of shows too. I was saying I would try to make it anywhere if they did this show in the U.S. this fall. I should be making it to either Cincy or Indy, or both. I hope it is like the Austrailian shows in that they play the album, then even more after. It's been a while since we got a 2+ hour EC show. Gonna be awesome.

I wonder if Stacy will be on drums or if there is any word on a new member (or old?!?) joining up. If it is Stacy, wouldn't mind seeing American Hi Fi open up.
"My girlfriend is like magic in my hands, when I lose my sparkle she's the only one that understands"

"This is where I want to be Now"

Lee Harvey Oswald

Post by Lee Harvey Oswald » Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:31 pm

I haven't even unpacked from summerland and I'm already looking at the last 3 LA shows

Sea Change

Post by Sea Change » Thu Aug 27, 2015 5:17 pm

I'll be at the Portland date, rain or shine! So at the OZ shows they played the album in it's entirety and then other stuff also, correct?

clifornia_king

Post by clifornia_king » Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:08 pm

Sea Change wrote:I'll be at the Portland date, rain or shine! So at the OZ shows they played the album in it's entirety and then other stuff also, correct?
To my knowledge, yes. S&F front to back, then mainly hits and a few others after
"My girlfriend is like magic in my hands, when I lose my sparkle she's the only one that understands"

"This is where I want to be Now"

Frasbul

Post by Frasbul » Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:29 am

Still hoping for a few shows in the UK. I think Art mentioned an offer on twitter a few months ago.
And yeah, this time please record the thing. Having no video whatsoever from the Australian Tour was hard to swallow.
You suffer from depression, it don't mean that you're sad.

Lee Harvey Oswald

Post by Lee Harvey Oswald » Fri Aug 28, 2015 3:44 pm

Looks like the UK promoters couldn't make it work financially, bummer for the UK fans this year, hopefully next year.
Last edited by Lee Harvey Oswald on Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

northwestrocker

Post by northwestrocker » Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:29 pm

I too will be going to the Portland show, so excited! Really looking forward to Queen of the Air and Pale Green Stars.
There're people who said I used to be a dwarf. Just not true! I was a dwarf tosser for a while, but I was young, it was dark, it was raining. -Art

jeepgirl

Post by jeepgirl » Sun Aug 30, 2015 8:12 am

looks like Chicago is sold out.

northwestrocker

Post by northwestrocker » Sun Aug 30, 2015 5:05 pm

Looks like there's a VIP package similar to the ones offered at Summerland:
General Admission - Meet & Greet Package
includes: One general admission ticket; VIP early entry into the venue; Exclusive meet & greet with Everclear; Personal photograph with Everclear; Autograph session with the band; Private, intimate acoustic performance of unreleased material from the Sparkle and Fade sessions; Q&A session with Art Alexakis; Specially designed tour shirt (exclusive to VIP packages); Collectible tour poster autographed by the band (numbered, limited print); Exclusive Everclear VIP merchandise item; Official meet & greet laminate; Limited availability.
Unreleased material from Sparkle and Fade sessions?
There're people who said I used to be a dwarf. Just not true! I was a dwarf tosser for a while, but I was young, it was dark, it was raining. -Art

ndfan1993

Post by ndfan1993 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:18 pm

Bought my tickets for Indy today.

everArt

Post by everArt » Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:14 am

I have my tickets for Chicago...am praying they play the whole album in its entirety. It just wouldn't make sense not to and would be such a disappointment to the hardcore fans. Fingers crossed!!!
I have made it through bruised and scarred and half alive.