2016 Art Solo Shows

Anything and everything Everclear.

PureWhiteEvil

2016 Art Solo Shows

Post by PureWhiteEvil » Mon May 16, 2016 8:04 am

Anyone been going to Art's solo shows this year yet? I'll be there tonight for the BB King show in NYC. Setlists seem kinda fun... LGM, FMS, Thrift Store Chair... Even saw Portland Rain being played in a snippet form! Eleanor Young, too! Hopefully will be a good show. I'm gonna try to request something. Not sure what yet. Should be right up front.
"Tell me, do you feel it, too?
The way I feel when I am blue?
Do you feel it? 'Cause I can feel it still
You cut me into pieces
Said, you cut me into pieces
And now I wished I'd never let you in!"
~ Brad! The Musical

Lee Harvey Oswald

Re: 2016 Art Solo Shows

Post by Lee Harvey Oswald » Tue May 17, 2016 5:27 am

Set list? How was it???

PureWhiteEvil

Post by PureWhiteEvil » Tue May 17, 2016 8:47 am

Lee Harvey Oswald wrote:Set list? How was it???
Good show. I had 2 huge frozen margaritas with dinner and then 2 pitchers of beer at the venue, so my notes might be off. What's listed below was performed, there just might have been more I didn't note.

Santa Monica (teaser)
Strawberry
Wonderful
Learning How To Smile
The Man Who Broke His Own Heart
Song From An American Movie, Pt 1
I Will Buy You A New Life
Loser Makes Good (gave the choice of a "really good" cover or an Everclear song - audience picked the latter)
Everything To Everything - forgot a verse, so he got a woman on stage to sing it with/for him
Father of Mine

Snippets/Requests:
NOTE: He challenged that, when a song is requested, if he made it through the chorus, they'd come up on stage so he and the audience can shame them...
Summerland
Amphetamine
AM Radio (shamed a girl by making her dance)
The Drama King (only a few notes... couldn't remember how to play it...)
Eleanor Young (I shouted out for him to play this; he made it through the chorus, so...)
Heroin Girl w/ me on vocals!!! - he and the audience decided to shame me by making me sing... OKAY!!! I'm fine with that!

I don't know what other songs (if any) were played, as I was too excited from having gotten on stage again. In his early 00's solo tours, I got to play the keyboard part of E2E 3 times, once in Boston (Paradise), then in NYC (Supper Club), then again in NYC (BB King's), and now sang with him tonight @ BB King's again! Good times. He was in good form, vocally. Stuck around and met fans, signed stuff (had a poster for sale - $10), and take pics. He seemed in a good place. I've always enjoyed his solo shows more than Everclear shows in recent years. Maybe it's just me changing over time.

And, yeah, he confirmed that the band will be doing a SMFTA tour in 2017 - 20 years since it came out! Jeez...

If anyone else was there and got Heroin Girl on video... I have a couple of incomplete snippets. Would love the whole thing. Wasn't long.

Overall, an enjoyable night.
"Tell me, do you feel it, too?
The way I feel when I am blue?
Do you feel it? 'Cause I can feel it still
You cut me into pieces
Said, you cut me into pieces
And now I wished I'd never let you in!"
~ Brad! The Musical

ndfan1993

Post by ndfan1993 » Fri May 20, 2016 9:31 am

Sounds like a pretty good night - thanks for sharing!