Art Has Decided to Finally Do a Solo Record and Write a Book

Anything and everything Everclear.

northwestrocker

Art Has Decided to Finally Do a Solo Record and Write a Book

Post by northwestrocker » Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:37 am

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ ... 6321831972

Art did an interview and played a couple songs at the office my friend's friend works at. The Oregonian has (poor quality) video of it in the link above. Art says he is finally writing a book that will be mainly about his life before Everclear and fame, and plans to call it "Deep In the Heart of the Beast In the Sun" (I think, kinda hard to hear). He also said he has decided he is finally going to do a solo record with just him and his guitar! Pretty cool. I'm guessing this will be his focus after the SMFTA Anniversary Tour next year. Overall an interesting interview.
There're people who said I used to be a dwarf. Just not true! I was a dwarf tosser for a while, but I was young, it was dark, it was raining. -Art

Deano

Re: Art Has Decided to Finally Do a Solo Record and Write a

Post by Deano » Tue Jun 14, 2016 6:32 am

Excellent news. Looking forward to both!

ndfan1993

Post by ndfan1993 » Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:55 am

Good news...but seems a little odd to do a solo at this point with the band. Does this mean the end is in the near future?

northwestrocker

Post by northwestrocker » Thu Jun 16, 2016 5:13 pm

What I found most interesting from the interview, news of the solo album/book aside, was Art speaking about the current state of the record industry and how artists do not make money off their music anymore. I think he said that BITNB had over 1 million downloads total (I'm assuming including single song downloads) and he only reviewed a check for $700.
There're people who said I used to be a dwarf. Just not true! I was a dwarf tosser for a while, but I was young, it was dark, it was raining. -Art

worldofnoise

Post by worldofnoise » Tue Jun 21, 2016 6:37 pm

I'll probably pick up a copy if and when he finishes.

I wouldn't think that a solo album means that Everclear is finished, but just that he wants to do what he wants to do.
"We can get lost in the fall glimmer sparkle and fade"
"dumb rock hard and good to go"

kmk182

Post by kmk182 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:21 pm

Art's been talking about the book for years now. I think it will be awesome just hope it comes true. As for the solo album I think Everclear will still be a thing for awhile. I'd imagine they'd do Summerland and the one off shows.