April Fool's 2020: Songs From An American Movie 20th Anniversary

Anything and everything Everclear.

ekeown
Site Admin

April Fool's 2020: Songs From An American Movie 20th Anniversary

Post by ekeown » Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:10 am

I just saw this press release about the Songs From An American Movie 20th Anniversary Tour announcement!

Later this year, Everclear’s alt-rock staple two volume Songs from an American Movie albums are turning 20 years old, and to celebrate, the Portland band is taking the record out on the road. Planned for later this year, dates for the tour are still pending to be announced for Everclear’s North American tour as orders against large crowds due to the Covid-19 pandemic remain in place.

Songs from an American Movie Vol. One: Learning How to Smile birthed FM rock radio favorites like “Brown Eyed Girl,” “AM Radio,” and the band's most commerically successful single, “Wonderful”. Everclear will play the album in its entirety, as well a few songs from Songs from an American Movie Vol. Two: Good Time for a Bad Attitude and other songs from their catalog.

“It’s hard to believe we made this record 20 years ago,” says Everclear frontman Art Alexakis in a statement. “Even though I’m in a different place now than the guy who first wrote and sang these songs, and even though faces, voices, and relationships change, the songs still feel relevant and vital every time we play them live. I can’t wait to play the whole record for the first time with the guys in Everclear now. It’s going to be awesome!”

Visit https://www.everclearmusic.com/ for update on the Everything is Wuhan-derful Now 2020 Tour.

Eric
Hungry & Hollow
http://www.hungryandhollow.com

Josh Santo

Re: Songs From An American Movie 20th Anniversary

Post by Josh Santo » Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:15 am

LMFAO. That was amazing!

worldofnoise

Post by worldofnoise » Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:25 am

I knew what day it was bit still got my hopes up.
"We can get lost in the fall glimmer sparkle and fade"
"dumb rock hard and good to go"

ndfan1993

Post by ndfan1993 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:32 am

A+ Eric!

Love the old school April Fools days around here.

Rob

Post by Rob » Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:26 pm

love it