"They Say You're Leaving Nehalem" DVDs

Missing one rare CD to complete your collection? Try to get what you need here.
PureWhiteEvil

"They Say You're Leaving Nehalem" DVDs

Post by PureWhiteEvil » Thu Aug 24, 2006 2:46 pm

I'm about halfway done converting the "They Say You're Leaving Nehalem" Everclear VHS comp video to DVD. I'm putting it to a bunch of DVDs to combine it with other stuff I have.

First, there is the 04/06/97 Art solo show. It's only 4 or 5 songs, but I think it will be great to get this out in circulation. It's surprisingly good quality for what it is.

Second, I have compiled the MTV appearances from 1996-1998, I believe it was. It has Art at the Nat'l Repub. Convention in San Diego, an Anti-Alcohol spot, some MTV News stuff from the whole Foo Fighters debacle, a quickie interview from the MTV Awards, and more.

Next, I have compiled the regular TV appearances from 1995-1999, I believe. This has the 1995 House of Blues show from ABC In Concert, some Letterman performances, the Drug-Free America Public Service Announcement, and more.

I think that's all to it. I know it's pretty vague, but I'll post more when they're done. I messed up the Art solo and MTV ones, so I have to re-do them. The regular TV one is done, though. I think it came out nice. It has a nice tribute to Brent Fusco w/ "Chrysanthemum" playing in the background. And, on each DVD, I kept the ending credits from the original comp thanking the people (including Chris Blackburn, wherever you are), in trying to keep the essence of what the original video was all about. I still think the gem of them all is that solo Art show. The only video of his 97 solo tour, as far as I know. Good times.

Anyway, I'm doing this for my own viewing pleasure. I don't want to piss anyone off, but if everyone's interested in them, we can trade them out or whatever, to the boards. Don't flood me w/ requests right now 'cause they're not done yet. Once they are, you're welcome to them. I just think the "Nehalem" video was great and should be resuscitated for those not around back in the day. A couple of the things wouldn't convert for some reason - the LIVID Festival in 1996 MTV spot and some crazy "<3*$" performance with a bright, white background. Looks European to me. Overall, though, it all converted nicely.

I'll keep everyone updated when it's ready to go out.

Don
"Tell me, do you feel it, too?
The way I feel when I am blue?
Do you feel it? 'Cause I can feel it still
You cut me into pieces
Said, you cut me into pieces
And now I wished I'd never let you in!"
~ Brad! The Musical

worldofnoise

Post by worldofnoise » Thu Aug 24, 2006 5:27 pm

Wow, that's amazing, you'll let us know when you're done right?
"We can get lost in the fall glimmer sparkle and fade"
"dumb rock hard and good to go"

Memphis Mafia

Post by Memphis Mafia » Thu Aug 24, 2006 11:33 pm

Thanks, this sounds great.

EVERGIRL94

Post by EVERGIRL94 » Fri Aug 25, 2006 9:54 am

Yeah this sounds great, can't wait to see the finished product!
You make me hate what I see, when I see me.

If everything has been said and done, then why is nothing resolved or solved?

Rock

Post by Rock » Fri Aug 25, 2006 3:06 pm

count me in don, i have been wanting to do some more trading with you for a while but i always seem to forget.
Spongebob is not a contraceptive -(Simpsons)

Flowers the painted whores of the plant world - Homer Simpson

Blake

Post by Blake » Sat Aug 26, 2006 9:18 pm

Tell me when its done o.k.?.......Please?

don't know what I can trade with you though :?
How in the hell can i ever get SMART with YOU?-me

Trail_Blazer

Post by Trail_Blazer » Wed Sep 06, 2006 8:33 pm

I'd be interested in a copy as well....

Maybe I should know, but I don't... What was the whole Foo Fighters debacle all about?

ekeown
Site Admin

Post by ekeown » Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:42 am

Trail_Blazer wrote: What was the whole Foo Fighters debacle all about?
Dave Grohl of Nirvana/Foo Fightersl was misquoted as saying Everclear was ripping off Nirvana's sound. The "controversy" was settled shortly there after in an interview where Grohl stated that he like Everclear and they weren't ripping of Nirvana, but the band Bush was trying to be Nirvana. That's the basics of it.
Eric
Hungry & Hollow
http://www.hungryandhollow.com

Trail_Blazer

Post by Trail_Blazer » Thu Sep 07, 2006 1:09 am

Ah I see... Thanks man

Suz

Post by Suz » Thu Sep 14, 2006 2:46 pm

Ahh, this sounds good...thinking if I have anything at all to trade...last show the camera was very RUDELY ripped from our poor rain drenched paws before the end of the first song! But never the less looking forward to this.